What does it mean to be able to move? The Aging Body in Dance brings together leading scholars and artists from a range of backgrounds to investigate cultural ideas of movement and beauty, expressiveness and agility.
Contributors focus on Euro-American and Japanese attitudes towards aging and performance, including studies of dancers from Yvonne Rainer, Martha Graham and Anna Halprin to Kazuo Ohno and Kikuo Tomoeda, and directors such as Romeo Castellucci. They draw a fascinating comparison between the youth-oriented Western culture and dance cultures such as that of Japan's, where aging dancers are celebrated as part of the country's living heritage.
The first cross-cultural study of its kind, The Aging Body in DanceÂ offers an invaluable resource for scholars and practitioners interested in global dance cultures and their differing responses to the world's aging population.
If You're A Woman 40 Years Or Older, You Need This Book!You may be a hot, hairy mess, but you're in good company!
Experiencing hot flashes, menopause, wrinkles, unwanted hair, weight gain, incontinence? This is the prescription you need! Cheaper than therapy and a whole lot more fun! Laughter is the best remedy for the "gifts" that come with aging! From humor columnist, blogger and greeting card writer Tracy Kunzler comes a selection of new, expanded and favorite essays on aging with "ungirdled passion." It's a celebration and commiseration concerning the "gifts" that come with reaching "a certain age."Chapters, Highlights And Symptoms Include:
- My Ovaries Are Going Out of Business, And All My Clothing Is Half Off!
- Middle Age Has Turned Me Into A Real Mother Plucker!
- My Perfect Sleep Number Is Chardonnay
- I've Fought The Lard, And The Lard's Won: Fallen Soldiers In The Battle of the Bulge
Shift Happens; It's Best To Be A Man About It.
Living with ungirdled passion means you've shed societal and nylon constraints,
you have the guts to be yourself, and you're comfortable in your own skin, even if that skin is now spotted, loose and veiny! The ungirdled woman doesn't run from the changes that come with age - mostly because she can no longer run. She accepts them with grace, dignity and good spirits - namely tequila, vodka and gin!Here's What Readers Say:
- I love Tracy's smart and quirky sense of humor. The table of contents alone is hilarious. Reading this book will make you feel like you just spent a night out with all of your best girlfriends. What a great gift idea!
- Not only did it make me laugh, it made me feel so much better about myself and my age. I am going to read it again (and I never read books twice).
- I wanted to take a sneak peak after downloading this book and thirty minutes later, I was still reading and laughing. What an enjoyable and hysterical read! Thank you for reminding us of how seriously funny life can be.The Perfect Gift For Any Woman 40 And Beyond!
Pair this book with a bottle of her favorite "medicine" for a gift she'll really appreciate! "Aging With Ungirdled Passion" is a fun, light-hearted, reflective read she'll love. You've paid more for sandwiches that aren't half as amusing and insightful! So join the party as we celebrate the important insights that can only be gained from living and loving for the past four, five, six or seven decades while laughing at the less-appreciated gifts that come with the A.G.E. syndrome. You may be hairier, heavier, and grumpier. But you're not alone!Join the party! Scroll up and grab your copy today!
This book contributes to more reliable and realistic predictions by focusing on sampling times from a few seconds to a few hours. Its objectives include: developing clear definitions of statistical terms, such as plume sampling time, concentration averaging time, receptor exposure time, and other terms often confused with each other or incorrectly specified in hazard assessments; identifying and quantifying situations for which there is no adequate knowledge to predict concentration fluctuations in the near-field, close to sources, and far downwind where dispersion is dominated by atmospheric turbulence; identifying areas where further information is required to define concentration variability statistics; and formulating an operation model for concentration fluctuations based on the current state of knowledge of dispersion processes.
Anti Ageing Articles
Anti Ageing Books